American actor and World Wrestling Entertainment WWE veteran, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has emerged the highest paid actor on Forbes list of highest-paid actors for 2019.
The renowned wrestler climbed from his number-two placing last year, in the latest ranking by Forbes. This is despite his $89.4m (£73.6m) earning being less than the $119m (£98.1m) he made in 2018.
Johnson was the world’s number-two last year, while last year’s number-one, George Clooney, is now out of the top 10.
Clooney’s high earnings on the 2018 list were down with the sale of his Tequila company in a deal worth $1b (£753m)
The rankings are based on celebrities’ overall earnings including brand endorsements and don’t solely consist of payments for acting.
Here is the list of the top 10-
1. Dwayne Johnson – $89.4m (£73.6m)
2. Chris Hemsworth – $76.4m (£62.9m)
3. Robert Downey Jr – $66m (£54.4m)
4. Akshay Kumar – $65m (£53.5m)
5. Jackie Chan – $58m (£47.8m)
6. Bradley Cooper – $57m (£46.9m)
7. Adam Sandler – $57m (£46.9m)
8. Chris Evans – $43m (£35.4m)
9. Paul Rudd – $41m (£33.8m)
10. Will Smith – $35m (£28.8m)